Friday, 14 August 2026

Documemting Trips & Days Out

Hi It's Lisa here.

It's my favourite time of year for memory keeping.

Lots of fun adventures and little trips.

So I thought I'd share some of my favourites ways to tell my stories today with you.  


I finished my Germany Travel Journal recently.

I love tags. They are so easy to use.

I had so much fun with these tags from Simple Stories.


They are from a Disney collection but they are still so versatile.

 My journal has nothing to do with Disney, but I can still use them.

Look how pretty they are.


And they are all a plainer design on the back so I've added photos and a spot of journaling.



Have you ever had a piece of patterned paper that you want to use over and over again?  LOL
This is mine. I've ordered this a few times. 
I just LOVE it! 

I have 2 tips for you here.

I love buying a pack of cards on my trips to use in my journals.
This pack was of South Germany. There were some great photos on the backs.

And I really enjoy using thin washi to use as journal lines.
Let's face it, we all have a good collection of washi, so let's use it : )


Here's another tip for you.

Remember to pick up the free maps and leaflets on your travels.

I turned this one into an envelope.

Just simple by taking an older envelope apart and using as a template to draw around and cut out.

It's a great way to add receipts etc..  


I also enjoy adding tab tops.

I have a great punch and use it on my paper scraps.

It's a great way to add colour and extra texture .

I love this spotty paper which you can find here.


And finally, remember to buy postcards when you are having a day out.

They are a great addition to for your story telling and evening though you may be taking photos yourself, a postcard will often have a view from an angle you physical can't get. 

I've added mine here with some tape on the side to create a flip.


I hope these ideas have inspired you today.

Enjoy your Summery days out and keeping all those precious memories.


Have a lovely weekend.

Lisa xx



No comments:

Post a Comment