Monday, 21 September 2026

Simple Stories - Pumpkins & Plaid - Pumpkin Patch

Hi everyone!

Claire here, and today I'm back with my second layout using the fun Pumpkins & Plaid collection from Simple Stories. It's such a gorgeous collection for this season - you can check it out in the shop here.

To start, I chose the Cider Season and Combo Elements papers, creating two large layered circles to form the base of my layout. For texture, I distressed the edges and adhered foam between each layer for depth.


I backed my three photos with two different green patterned papers from the 6x8 paper pad. These pads are great for using in smaller pieces as the patterns are scaled to size.

Next, I pulled out a selection of sheets from the 6x8 pad, focusing on the papers with orange, red and green tones to mirror the colours of autumn.  I pulled out a selection of leaf dies from my stash and set about cutting a variety of leaves from each sheet of paper.  If you've not had a browse of the leaf dies in the shop, I'd highly recommend it - so many to choose from, the possibilities are endless and they'll work across any collections you choose.


In between the leaves, I added some acorns, pumpkins, mushrooms and leaves from the Cardstock Sticker Icons and Foam Stickers which I love as it adds extra dimension, texture and interest in between the clusters.


I also added a 'Cute as a Pumpkin' foam sticker across the bottom of my photo and cut a tag from the Tag Elements paper which I layered behind the bottom photograph.


To balance the page, I again reached for the Foam Stickers and Cardstock Sticker Icons to create a cluster along the top edge of the circle.


I love that this includes so many fun icons for Autumn and gave me the opportunity to pull all the colours from the collection into the cluster. I also used this to house my Pumpkin Patch title, which I took from the Foam Stickers, which you may know, are my favourite items in a Simple Stories collection.

As a final touch, I added a few Nuvo Jewel Drops around the edge of the inner circle, just for a little extra detail and texture - and with that -the page was done!

Thank you for joining me on the blog today. I hope i've inspired you to start thinking about documenting your Autumnal stories. I'd definitely recommend this gorgeous Pumpkins & Plaid collection - I can't wait to scrap with it some more!

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate


No comments:

Post a Comment