Hi everyone!
I'm here today with probably the most exciting blog post I've ever written! This month, I'm creating with the stunning Timeless Harmony collection from Simple Stories and that's because this Summer was a really special one for me....I got married!!
As soon as I saw this collection, I immediately jumped at the chance to use it and get some of my wedding pictures documented.
Of course, I started with some premium white cardstock and added some soft stencilling to the background to offset my design.
I focused on lots of paper layers, opting for the pretty floral pattern of the Breathtaking paper as my base layer, followed by the beautiful green plaid on the reverse as my next layer.
To create by 'Documented' title, I cut the 3x4 and 6x4 Elements paper and positioned this to the left to draw the eye across the page.
I backed my photos with the neutral side of the Cherished Moments patterned paper, raising on foam to help them stand proud from the other layers.
Once all the layers were secured in place, I reached for the Floral Bits & Pieces. Gosh they're so beautiful!
To fill out the clusters, I added small hearts, banners and phrases from the Foam Stickers which I adore in Simple Stories collections as they add so much depth and texture.
Now with the photos being taken next to a grand piano, I absolutely HAD to use the floral piano in the floral bits & pieces pack - it was made for these photos and I love how cohesive this looks.
To finish, I opted for some subtle splashes of gold ink just through the floral clusters, and with that, my first wedding page is complete!
I hope you've enjoyed this blog post - ive certainly enjoyed creating it and reliving these special moments.
I look forward to sharing another layout with you soon.
Claire xx
@scrappysoulmate






No comments:
Post a Comment