Lynn back with part 2 of the January Papermaze Kit.
I'm really loving working with these beautiful, wintery papers. Here
are my second pair of layouts, another snowy page and a heritage layout.
A reminder of what you will find in the kit:
For full details pleas see my earlier post HERE.
St. Joseph's Oratory
- this photo was taken on a very cold snowy day in March when we
visited Canana. It is St Joseph's Oratory, Mount Royal, Montreal.
Next I prepared my photo, by layering up on some white glitter foam and more of the Bazzill Bling. I worked out where the photo would sit pencilled round the edges, then gutted some paper from underneath. Then the papers and photo were stuck in place.
I then strung a selection of beads and a snowflake charm across the top of the photo.
From the gutted paper I fussy cut the flowers and leaves, including incomplete images. These were then shaped and inked. before being arranged around the photo and stuck in place with 3D foam tape, tucking the incomplete parts under the photo.
With a Sizzix Thinlits die from the Holiday Greens set, I cut some fir tree branches from pearlescent paper to arrange among the flowers.
The title is made up of the Simple Stories Sn@p letter stickers from the kit and some Pinkfresh Studio Mini Puffy Alpha Stickers.
Finally I embelliehed with sequins, Diamond Stickles and Nuvo Glitter Drops - Blue Babe.
Lustell Thursa Everista Alouise Banks
- This recently acquired family history photo was sent to me via
Ancestry recently. Lovely photo of this girl with quite a mouthful of a
I chose the beautiful Studio Light paper as the background of for this layout. There
is a lot of detail on this paper, so I only wanted to complement it with my embellishments.
The large photo was backed with Ivy Bazzill and the left side was trimmed with some of the lace from the kit.
I selected two doilies from my stash and applied them to the background to partly show above the photo. I cut my title from white glitter foam using the Sizzix Alphanumeric Classic Lower Case die set.
I decided to embellish the three wooden butterflies from the kit together with two chipboard butterflies from my stash. I painted them with some white acrylic paint, then once dry I heat embossed them with Distress Embossing Powder. I used Weathered Wood and Peeled Paint, I love the way this gave a glazed pottery effect to the pieces. To add antenna I threaded some stamen through the holes in the bodies of the wooden butterflies.
With the roses from the kit and some tiny paper flowers from my stash I created a large flower cluster at the bottom right corner of the photo. With the addition of a decorative pin and some flat-backed pearls to complete the arrangement.
With a few more paper flowers and some ric-rac braid I made a small cluster in the top right corner of the layout, adding a couple of paper flowers among the title.
Thats all for today, but I have a lot of this kit left so plan to make some more layouts to share.
Thanks for looking