I know that you have seen her work and her products are just the most gorgeous!!!! So as she is a favourite of mine i emailed and asked her a few questions!
- how did you get into this hobby? I have always been a “crafter” – my hands were always making something. I had my first son 9 years ago just about the time creative scrapbooking started evolving. At the time I distinctly remember only being able to get really innovative products from the Pebbles in My Pocket catalog out of
. I would pour over that thing when it came in the mail and make my wish lists!! I loved their cardstock. It just seemed to be drawn to it all. Utah
- what competitions have you won? I won the 2003 Hall of Fame contest.
- do you think these are how you got to where you are today? I have seen so many talented people find ways to contribute to this industry without winning that or other contests. Contests are certainly a way to get recognized quickly, but they are not a necessity (I believe) to following your dream!
- what do you love about your work? It is personal. It is so gratifying to put a piece of yourself into something and have it be loved and enjoyed by others. I love seeing how people interpret my papers, stickers, etc. in their own creative ways.
- How do you come up with the designs for your products? I wish I had one thing to say or a short answer, but the creative process, for me, is made up of so many things. I would have to say that vintage and antique imagery is huge for me – you will see a little bit of “old” in everything I do!
- How do you go about putting a page together always start with a picture. My title and journaling come from that. The design, color, etc. always comes after that and are always built around the colors and theme of the photo for me. Many times I use bits and pieces that have been left out on my desk from the last couple of projects!
- who are your favourite scrappers? It is not secret that I have always found so much inspiration in Rebecca Sower’s work. She has been given such a gift, not only as an artist, but maybe more so as a communicator. She was the one early on who really turned me on to journaling, and not just the “who, where, when” but the deep stuff! I was changed forever the day I came across her stuff in a CK!
And if you fancy giving her stuff ago click on the link below