Lynn here today, with a beautiful, romantic new monthly kit from Papermaze for September.
I loved working with this kit and have five layouts to share with you over the next few weeks, here are the first two:
What the kit contains:
Stamperia, Ceremony - Peony & Letters
Stamperia, Garden - Score Watering Can
Kaisercraft, Anthology - Botanist & Herbs
Kaisercraft, Gypsy Rose - Doors
Pink Paislee, Auburn Lane - #3
Two sheets Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Fig Swirl & Brown
|Reverse side of papers|
|Extra Bazzill Pack|
I started with the Aspen Bazzill and gutted enough from the centre to use as a photo matt.
I then gutted the Kaisercraft 'Botanist' paper to make a 1", 12" x 12" frame, which I distressed and inked with Peeled Paint Distress Ink, before sticking down to the Bazzill.
I cut a piece measuring 10" x 10" from the Kaisercraft 'Herbs' paper and treated it in the same way as the 'Botanist' paper. I stuck this to the centre of the layout leaving the edges free of adhesive so I could tuck in some frayed burlap all the way around the edges.
I made a circle from the twine in the kit and arranged this to the right of where the photo was to go. I stuck the matted photo down with 3D foam pads to add some dimension. A tag was created with a scrap of Natural Bazzill from the previous kit, this was attached to the twine circle.
Then I fussy cut the remainder of the blooms from the 'Botanist' paper, they were inked with Old Paper Distress Ink. Then I layered the flowers up, arranging them around the page. I cut all the extra leaves and tucked them around the flowers. The flower centres were created with glue and some hole-less beads from my stash. I used a few of the sentiment stickers from the kit.
My title was created with an old Sizzix 'Boxed Brush' Sizzlit alphabet die set, and scraps of green from the reverse side of the 'Botanist' paper. I made this shine and added dimension with a layer of Glossy Accents.
My second layout is called 'Mr & Mrs' and is another for my daughter's wedding album. It shows Emily and Jack in the ceremony area when the photographer took them back there in the evening for more photos.
I used just one sheet of patterned paper here - Stamperia, Ceremony - 'Peony & Letters'. This has a detailed romantic border to the left of the paper. I cut along the lacy frill and around the letters and tucked a large (10.5") paper doily under the cut. I made a scalloped circle template (7") and used this to crop my photo, them I layered this onto the doily.
I created three clusters of paper flowers from my stash, the leaves were cut with dies from the two Prima printed fabric leaves provided in the kit. These are lovely, large, printed leaves, but they were too big for this design so I used them to make smaller leaves with a few of the thinlits dies from the Small Tattered Florals Sizzix set. This method meant I retained the veins and shading printed on the leaves.
Finally my title was created with some gold card and a little of the Spice Bazzill (cut the Spice Bazzill to 11.5" x 11.5" and gut to make a 2" frame, then keep the frame for another layout and use the gutted area for die cutting). For this I used a Crafter's Companion die from the Rustic Wedding range.
Back soon with three more layouts using this lovely kit.
Thanks for looking.