Sunday 2 November 2008

Basic Grey - Ambrossia


As soon as Wendy asked me what I would like this month for the DT I knew straight away that I wanted some basic grey ambrosia to play with. I just love the colours and the patterns in this collection and when my box arrived I wasnt disappointed.

I cut out some of the butterflies from the winsome paper




Then took the scenic route scallop circle and used as a template, I drew around this onto brown bazzill card using a white pen.


Then I cut around the white lines to give me a scallop circle border.



Next I cut an extended bracket shape out of the striped paper (tangy) and drew a border with a black pen and then wrote my journalling on it


I attatched the bracket shape to the bottom of my photo.


I cut my white card to 8.5 x 11 then lined up where I wanted my photo to be on the page and used one of the rub-ons to frame the photo.


I tore a strip from the tangy and entice papers and inked the torn edges with an orange ink pad. I then cut a strip from the winsome paper. I layered these up and stuck onto my cardstock




Next I attached the scallop frame to one side of my photo and then stuck this and the photo to my LO. I drew round the edge of the scallop frame with a white pen and stuck some of the butterflies to my LO. Sorry for the bad photo scrapped this at night and forgot the lighting was too bad to take a decent photo.


Next I added my title, but I wanted the word you to stand out so took the twill and pulled the thread at one end to create a fringing effect. I repeated this at the other end too.




I stuck the twill under the point of the bracket and stuck my alphabet stickers on the twill.


I used the brads to add some detail on the torn strips of paper





And finished off with some bling on the scallop frame and some orange ink around the edge of the card stock.



Here is my finished LO!


I also created another LO with the scraps, as I thought the papers would be perfect for my heritage photos.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages, I ADORE the butterflies on this paper( the paper range is lush isn;t it), infact I am in rather a butterfly phase at the mo LOL.
Anita..xxx

Vibeke said...

Beautiful!! The butterflies are gorgerous!!!