Whilst I am normally quite a fan of BG, when I saw this line I wasn't too keen.
Of course then when my package arrived from Vanessa, to have a play with, guess what was inside?
Yep- you guessed right!
This is what I was sent...
4 sheets of assorted Marakesh papers, and 3 co-ordinating sheets of Bazzill cardstock.
Firstly I took the Darjeelings paper, and cut a pice 9 1/4 inches deep.
I also cut two strips of the Cardamon paper each 1 1/4 inches wide.
The photo I used was a 5"x7" size, but I trimmed it down to 6"x5" as this would work better for the layout I had planned.
I stuck it down onto the Darjeelings piece, about an inch and a half in from the left of the page, and quite centrally between the top and the bottom of the piece of paper.
Next I scalloped one edge of each of the Cardamon strips using my large size EKSuccess corner/scallop punch.
I then used a Cats Eye chalk inkpad in dark brown to ink the edges of all the pieces I had cut so far, and the blue base cardstock.
Using a circle template, I pierced several rings of holes around the photo to stitch through.
Then using a needle and embroidery thread I added my stitching to the page.
On the back I used small pieces of tape to secure the loose ends.
After adding a some doodled dots around the scalloped edges, I then attached my title- for this I used American Crafts Glitter Thickers, Lax White.
My journalling I wrote on thin strips of card, then I stuck them on with 3-D foam pads for extra dimension.
Lastly I also stitched all around the outer edges of the entire layout.
And here is the completed layout-
I was pleasantly surprised by how easily I managed to work with these papers considering my initial reaction to them- I Iwill now go and buy some of the other papers in the range!