Monday 30 November 2009

Eskimo kisses for the 5th Card...

Basic Grey have done it again and come up with another beautiful Christmas line, Eskimo Kisses, in the traditional colours of red and green, but with an added twist of plum, pinks and aqua. For my card, I've gone for the red and green combo, and decided to see what I could do with a variety of punches.

I first made a 6x4" card blank from a deep red shade of Bazzill cardstock, and trimmed a piece of patterned paper slightly smaller, to 5 3/4" x 3 3/4". I also cut a 2x3" piece of contrasting paper:



I used a corner rounder on the corners of this smaller piece:



and mounted on more of the red cardstock, again rounding the edges. I adhered all pieces to the card blank as shown:



This time I used 2 square punches, one plain and one scalloped, to create a background for the word 'joy', using AC Thickers:





and finally I used a Fiskars border punch to make a decorative strip across the card:



I added a strip of festive ribbon and some holly, to make the finished card:



Nicky x

2 comments:

lisa said...

Lovely card Nicky x

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely Nicky! Jo x