Wednesday 21 April 2010

Mini Book - Basic Grey - Green at Heart

I've had lots of fun this past week making my latest mini book. We went away over Easter and I wanted to make a decent sized mini book to remember the week by. I've started so many mini books in the past and have just never finished them. I've discovered that for me to make a mini book in a short time with ease and actually finish, the key is to select matching papers and embellishments and keep a style throughout the whole book.

So I've used a large amount of the papers from the Basic Grey range - Green at Heart. Really fun and colourful papers to use.
I've also added some 12x12 kraft cardstock too. All my pages are 12x12 and cut in half and stuck back to back, so the pages feel quite sturdy.



I've teamed these papers up with matching 'Bloomers', I love these layered flowers.
and also the chipboard stickers. The book has been decorated through out using these embellishments.



The only other items I've added to this book are a selection of American Crafts Thickers and some mini alpha stickers too.



Throughout the book I have used white paint. My favourite paints to use are the paint dabbers. I have to confess to not dabbing with them, but I remove the top and use a paint brush. I love the colours they offer and the paint has such a good thickness to it.



I'm really pleased with my book and it was such a pleasure to make.



Lisa xx

4 comments:

Sarah xx said...

Oh what a lovely book Lisa - I love how you've used the paint (I do the same with my dabbers) and those embellies are simply gorgeous! xx

Cath x said...

Wow, that is totally gorgeous! I love the size x

Heat Pumps said...

The latest energy saving Heat Pumps ! Works really long .....

Traceyr said...

This little book is wonderful. I love the paint dabbers too and you have used them fabulously. :)