Monday 18 October 2010

Get that Distressed Look

Hi, it's Lisa here today.
I'm going to show you how I create that distressed look on my projects.
Today I'm making a card, but these techniques can be applied to scrapbooking and other crafts too.



For this card I have used:
A card blank
Bo Bunny - Mamma Razzi papers
Jenni Bowlin Tickets
Tim Holtz - Distressed Inks
And a border punch and scissors.



My patterened paper has already been cut to size, so now I need to distress those edges. I like to use a long edge of my scissors. You do need to be careful when doing this. You can also do this by using a distressing tool, which you can see here.
I carefully scrape along each edge of the card to create that rough look. Don't worry if it tears slightly, that's all part of the look.



This piece can be stuck onto your card blank.I then use my distressing inks to ink along the edges like this. I find by inking the edges, this really adds to the distressed/vintage feel. The inks are available in many colours.



Using my scalloped border bunch, I've punched 2 borders and layered up. The egdes of these have also been inked and a piece of thin 3mm satin ribbon threaded through.



I've turned my Jenni Bowlin Tickets into little tags by adding a hole at the top of each and adding the same ribbon. A small piece of sticky on the backs and sticking on the card, it looks like I've made a pocket.



And here's my finished distressed style card. x

No comments: