Monday 3 October 2011

xmas or not?

Morning all....this weekend i set myself a challenge...to make some normal cards from a set of christmas papers.....hmmmm...was fairly easy to be honest lol!!! as i picked the xmas line from Crate paper.

I know the primary use of this line is for xmas, but there are many pieces in this that i think are not that xmas related and can be used for something else...so if you stay away from the christmas papers ( like me and dont really scrap christmas) there are many sheets of this that you can still buy...let me show you some that i picked up...



the stickers...which i didn't pick up but will next time i go to the shop...you can so use for something other than Christmas...

and i picked up these...as i know there are some of them that have Christmas on them...but most of them have not and the ones that do. i was thinking of still using them and perhaps covering up the bits of the stickers with some flowers etc? i love my label stickers!!!!!

i wanted to make some quick cards with these...and i challenged myself to make two cards in half and hour!!!! Now one card normal takes me about 4 hours to make ( sad i know)....but i did it!!!!

I loved the green on this pattern paper
...matching it with dark kraft and the contrast really show up! Match that with a  Jillibean Corrugated shape...


and some pretty bling and pins and you are done!!!

The next card...

I used the same sketch for this one as the one above to keep it simple...

I punched out a scalloped circle using this punch ...it is one of my favourite scallop punches that i have, as the scallops are just that bit deeper....i then cut lines nearly down the the centre....inked the edges and scrunched it up a bit for some texture...


Thanks for looking!!!!

4 comments:

Margot said...

great card and a cool challenge! i like it!

Nicole Maki said...

So beautiful I had to pin it :-)

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Love, love your cards!!!!

Anita said...

Absolutely beautiful cards Wendy.x