Monday 23 January 2012

a different kind of...

Morning all....while looking though the boxes at Papermaze i found some of the new Basic Grey Picadilly and some small little reels. Keep an eye out as both of these will be going up on the website very soon!

As soon as i saw them i knew i had to make a card with a difference and this is what i came up with.

i cut a strip of paper to match the length of the reel and it is about 12" long. I rolled the paper round both ends and adhered them with really strong glue. I cut out some of the flowers from some of the other papers to decorate inside. I kept it all flat as it had to be rolled.

I added some pins through the holes at the top...( please excuse my thumb...covered in brown ink!)

I then rolled it up and tied it off with some twine...and some Prima flowers.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is super - such a novel way of saying Happy Birthday. Love the flower. Elizabeth x

Mandy said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Oracle users email list said...

Good morning ! Happy Birthday ! So sweetly made paper work.

Anita said...

Truly gorgeous and so totally unique. Love it!
Warmest wishes
Anita..xxxx