Monday 26 November 2012

Sketch time

Hi Tracee here with another layout and sketch to share with you using the fabulous Midway collection by October Afternoon that Vanessa has in the shop here

This time I chose a sketch from another favourite sketch site of mine Page Maps, each month they have a new set of sketches for all page sizes, I stuck with the 12 x 12 as this is the size I use most of the time. Although this one could just as easily be converted to 8 1/2 x 11
I generally like to approach a sketch with an open mind and see how far I can push it without losing sight of it totally
This one has a patchwork effect to it but I didn't want to stick to the squares of paper so I used arrows at the bottom and overlapped all the "squares at the top"
So while you can't see the pattern of the sketch so much you see the shape is still there





 One of the great things about October afternoon is that it has great backsides as well as the front
I used a strip of the Gray stars on the back of the  Photo Booth paper as an anchor for my photo to cling onto and built everything else around it

 The matching word stickers for this collection are really nice and I put one through the printer for my journaling


How cute are the chipboard cameras by Heidi Swapp? The large one made a great base for a word sticker.
Some thickers (Papermaze has a great selection of them) for the title and a couple of strips of Washi tape complete the layout
Thank you for listening today and if you have any projects to share using the Midway collection we would love to see them.

All supplies for this layout can be found in the shop

No comments: