Monday 28 April 2014

New Home Card

Hi, Carol here with you today.  Have you seen the new Paperartsy stamps that are now in store….I just adore those Darcy Eclectica stamps and just to show that they can be used for just about anything my next few posts will be  based using the sets that are available in store…

For this new home card I've used Eclectica3 - EDY08 which is available here



I started off with a 6x6 white card blank and stamped the house directly onto the card….I also stamped the image onto an old book page.

Using my distress inks, I mixed broken china and weathered wood and coloured the tower, chimney and the metal side of the house, using festive berries I painted the roof.  By adding more distress ink at the edges I was able to add depth to the stamped image - the lighter shade had lots of water and very little ink…just be careful not to saturate your card.  A small amount of the ink was added to the bottom of the house to give it a grounding.

The door, window and cogs were cut out of the book pages and added to the image.

The edges were doodled with a black paint pen.

Next time I will be showing you a project using some of the other stamps in the set.

TFL xx


1 comment:

Traceyr said...

oo love this card Carol. :)