Monday 11 August 2014

product review - golden gel medium - crackle paste

Hi, Carol with you today.  Back in June, Papermaze had a delivery of the Golden Gel Mediums - there are several types on the shelves - look here… today I'm sharing with you the crackle paste.

The texture of the paste is really light, unlike most texture mediums I usually use, its almost mousse like in consistency, goes on really smoothly and takes a while to dry like all crackle mediums.

I thought I would use tags as bases for this review, but, this medium is great on chipboard, wood and other solid substrates too.

I took three tags and treated them in the following ways:-

I added a thick layer of the paste onto the tag using a spatula:-


I painted a tag using acrylic paint and then stencilled the paste onto the tag:-


for the third tag, I mixed acrylic paint with the paste and then added a thick layer to my tag:-


here are all three tags together:-


 As you can see the cracks on the "au naturale" tag are much deeper,  the one with the paint/paste mixture are a lot finer…..the stencilled paste was a much thinner layer due to using the stencil but there is still a lot of cracks there, but, very fine.

Have a play and see how you get on with the product - we would love to see what you create…

In the meantime, this is what I created using the painted tag…


I stamped using a flower stamp and then coloured in using pens….. a text stamp was also used for the background.  distress ink was added to the edges and then a bit of colour using my pens….to finish it all off I added some jellibean wood spinkles to the middle of my flowers and some gilding wax to the edges….

TFL today.

1 comment:

hotpotato said...

I like your finished tag Carol.