Wednesday 17 September 2014

Basic Grey - Second City

Hi, Carol with you today with my last post for the month - today I'm using the Basic Grey second city 6x6 pad that I used in my first post…

I thought that I would use a selection of the brightly coloured papers and make a patchwork effect background, this technique has been around quite a while, can't remember who thought of it first tho', so apologies to them!  I tore left over papers from my first project and adhered them to a kraft card base…this is the finished result…

whoa…thats a bit bright!, so, I brayed some white acrylic paint over….(at this point I got carried away and forgot to take pictures, even tho' the camera was beside me!) - with my paled background, I outlined the blocked edges…..I pulled a flower stencil from my stash and added texture paste thro - any texture paste will do, the golden crackle medium I used last month would look good too - once dried I added colour using distress markers, pulling out the colour with a water pen, and mixing my colours together as I went…..an old maya road ticket was stamped with happy birthday and adhered using silicone gel and a small gem, a black pen was used to doodle around the edges…this is the finished result…


see how the white brayed paint has just knocked back the colour?

There are 18 different paper designs in the pad, using the black, orange and a triangular grey and orange patterned piece I made this card….


The kraft cardstock base was covered with the patterned paper, which had been trimmed to fit and the edges inked with walnut stain distress ink…..The orange centre panel was stamped using orange ink and a bo bunny stamp…..this was then mounted onto black cardstock, a stamped sentiment was stamped onto white card and inked using the walnut stain distress ink and a small inking tool, this was finished off with a small amount of metallic gilding wax - golden light…a button and three metal headed pieces of bling were added to finish off the card….

TFL

No comments: