Wednesday 4 January 2017

Cold Hands Warm Heart .... a quick and simple layout with Simple Stories Winter Wonderland

Hi There and a Very Happy New Year to you...

It's Anita here today with a quick and easy layout that will get you using multiple photo's and is a great way to either break into a new set of papers or, if you prefer, use up an old one and some bits and bobs of scraps.

I absolutely LOVE Winter, especially when its snows and both my girls have always felt the same way. Each winter since they were very small we hoped and wished for some snowy days so we could play out in it.....even if it was only a thin layer!

When I saw the Winter Wonderland Collection I knew I had to get my hands on some and set about hunting down some photos from a few years ago, 2005 infact!

I based the layout on a sheet of Oh What Fun


I gently inked all around the edges with an old dark brown inkpad and then chopped into various sheets of paper including Journalling card elements  , Bundle Up  and  Snow Cute


                                             I made one of the sections into a little pocket.


I took 3 photos and cut them into the same size as the paper panels and inked each photo and all of the panels around the edges.


I then used various elements from the  Bits and Pieces pack   to decorate some of the panels before finishing with a little tag to go in the pocket panel with some journalling on. I stapled some layers of  organza ribbon onto it, to make it easy to pull in and out of the pocket

So, have you been crafting yet now we are into the New Year....and if so, have you made any New Year Crafting Resolutions?

Warmest wishes
Anita xx

No comments: