Thursday 19 October 2017

Simple Pocket Page Inserts | Turn the Page by Paige Evans


Hi all,

Chloé here again today, with a simple little pocket page insert to share with you. This month I've been working with the Turn the Page collection by Pink Paislee (designed by Paige Evans) and I absolutely love it! It has a very summery feel, but I couldn't resist using it with these outdoor photos from September.


I take a lot of photos, and often I simply can't choose which ones to print for my scrapbooks. I've been trying to keep things much more simple this year, however occasionally I do end up with extra photos that I can't bear to leave out. When this happens, it can make it difficult to fit everything into my normal arrangement of pockets! Sometimes you just have to add an insert, and that's what I did today. 


I absolutely love this floral paper from the collection, and I knew I wanted to make a 4x6 card to go behind my 4x4 photo. I layered up a pink doily, some washi from my stash and some chipboard stickers from an old Dear Lizzy Collection. The busy floral of the patterned paper made my job super easy; it needed minimal embellishment!


I've said it before and I'll say it again; a good cut-apart sheet is a lifesaver for pocket scrapbookers! This one from Turn the Page is just gorgeous, full of versatile phrases and motifs. Nothing is more annoying than cards that are totally irrelevant to you! Our elderly springer spaniel Bramble has recently been diagnosed with cancer, so the quote on this card seemed perfect. I did some doodling on the card to finish it off, and embellished the photo with some enamel dots and a date stamp.



I hope you've enjoyed this look at a pocket page insert! Feel free to follow me on social media for more crafty goodness. 







No comments: