Wednesday 27 February 2019

a little dream


This month i got my hands on some stunning papers from the prima collection moon child.
So for my first project i altered a mini cheeseboard that i acquired from a pound shop,
I primed the board using some white gesso and left to dry. Then using Tim Holtz distress paints in antique linen, weathered wood and chipped sapphire i created a painted background mainly using my fingers.
I could have used an acrylic paint but i know once these paints are dry they don't budge if you add more water or more mixed media, the outside of the frame had the same treatment where as the inside had a piece of the patterned paper adhered to it. The frame is from some old Wendy Vecchi art parts pack i had in my own stash

                                         Close up of the frame. Added stamped hessian background using grey archival ink and paint splatted using a brush and flicking watered down paint. Added some sliver gilding wax to the edges of the frame


I distressed the edge of my photo and  stamped images on to the patterned paper. Stars adhered to bottom corner with the moon placed slightly over the photo


At the bottom of the frame circles cut from the paper along with a moon image and a clear dome placed on the top. Flower cut using a Tim Holtz  rolled flower die and the an old Jennie Bowlin feather embellishment adhered. Last my title is stamped and small sequin stars adhered to the board.


2 comments:

Anita said...

This is lovely Karen, such lovely soft colours x

Karen said...

This is so dreamy Karen. So cute. x x