Monday 20 May 2019

May Papermaze Kit

Hello, Lynn here today with a great Papermaze kit for May, creatively put together by Vanessa and available in the shop from today.

Here are my first two layouts made with the kit.




As always before we look at how my layouts were made, here are the details of the kit:


May Papermaze Kit
Patterned Papers:
Simple Stories - Little Princess Collection - Believe in Fairy Tales and Enchanted
Kaisercraft - Paisley Days Collection - Retro and Good Vibes
Kaisercraft - Greenhouse Collection - Yucca
Authentique - Poised Collection - Poised Five
Bazzill cardstock - Rain and Bazzill White


Reverse side of papers

Extra Bazzill Pack
Jetstream, Guacamole, Glow and Petunia


Embellishments
5 Prima flowers, 1 paper flower, 1 resin flower, chipboard heart, lace, 2 heart pins, 2 heart stickers, wooden word, sequins, strip of gems, 5 butterflies, twine.

Happy Birthday - my first layout features my daughter on her 5th birthday. This layout is a scraplift of one of my own layouts, created in 2016, which in turn was scraplifted, from the work of Brenda.
 

All my inking for this layout was done with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.

With the Cricut, I designed an image which I cut from the Simple Stories - Little Princess - I Believe in Fairy Tales Paper. This was placed centrally on the Rain Bazzill.

I gutted a piece 10cm x 10cm from the centre of the Glow Bazzill, which I used to die cut a stitched circle. I cut another stitched circle the same size from the White Bazzill. I also die cut a stitched panel from the White Bazzill for my title. Then I cut some pieces the same size as my photo, these were cut from Petunia Bazzill and both sides of Simple Stories - Little Princess - Enchanted. These and the photo were arranged on the layout.

The title, name and date were all cut from Petunia Bazzill with Sizzix Thinlits dies - Handwritten Celebrate and Alphanumeric Label. With buttons from my stash I placed one in the centre of each blossom. Then after inking the butterflies from the kit, I scattered them across the page.

Golden Wedding - for this layout I chose a photo of my parents celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary.



I used the Glow Bazzill as my base. With Authentique - Poised Collection - Poised Five paper I trimmed 2.5cm from two adjacent sides. Then I gutted the paper in decreasing sizes, alternating between both sides of the paper. My first frame (yellow leaf) is 2.5cm deep, my second frame (White floral) is 2.5cm deep, and the third frame (yellow leaf) is 3cm deep. The remaining square of paper was used white floral side up. These were all inked with Black Soot Distress Ink and arranged on the page as shown above. I then mounted my photograph onto the page.

With some gold/pearl card and some black Bazzil from my stash, I die cut some flowers and fronds using the Sizzix Thinlits set - Funky Floral #3. I also die cut some flourishes with the Sizzix Adorned Thinlits set and some cream Bazzill. These were all arranged top right and bottom left of the photo. I finished the flowers off with some cream flat-backed, self-adhesive pearls from.

I found some old Basic Grey letter stickers from my own collection for the title.

These are the first two of four layouts made with this kit. I will be back with the others in a few weeks.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

2 comments:

Karen said...

These are lovely layouts Lynn and a gorgeous kit. x x

Anita said...

Beautiful work as always, and what a super pretty kit xx