Monday 3 August 2020

July Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Hi, It's Lynn back with the second post showing you what I have made with the sunny July Papermaze kit. I have been having fun with the chipboard and wooden elements.


Before we look at how the layouts were made here is a reminder of what you will get in the kit.


For full details of the kit please see my previous post on the Papermaze Blog.

Primary Grade Ballet - The photo for this layout shows my girls ready to face their first ballet exam, back in 1999.


For this layout I chose the Ocean Breeze Bazzill as a base. I inked the edges of all the papers and card with Distress Ink Pads in the relevant colours and a blending tool.

With an old template from my stash, I cut a scalloped semi-circle from Tutu Pink Bazzill, it's about 28cm in diameter. I cut a semi-circle from Chiffon Bazzill, 24.5cm in diameter, and then another semi-circle using the
Fancy Pants Design - Cherry on Top collection - Flavour Burst paper. I positioned the template across the centre of the paper so I had sun rays radiating up from the center of the piece; The diameter is 24cm.

I used the washi tape across the bottom of the semi-circle, then attached the lace a little lower than the tape. The photo was mounted onto some of the Tutu Pink Bazzill and attached to the left side of the layout, only sticking top and bottom of the photo mount.

From my stash I selected a length of pink seam binding ribbon and arranged it right across the layout, under the photo tying it in a bow to the right of the picture.

I selected some chipboard letters to spell 'Primary' from my stash and with the butterflies from the kit, I painted them all with Gesso. Once dry I painted with some Squeezed Lemonade Distress Paint. I dabbed on a little Worn Lipstick Distress Paint. Finally I added Diamond Stickles.

For the rest of my title I cut the words using my Cricut and more Tutu Pink Bazzill. i arranged and stuck the title to the bottom right of the page. The butterflies were arranged to the top left of the page, I added some stamen for antenna to each butterfly.

From scraps of Tutu Pink and Purple Palisades Bazzill I cut a pile of flowers using the Sizzix Small Tattered Florals Thinlits die set. Then arranged them around the semi-circle, photo and title, layering them up in places. I added pearls and gems from my stash.

Finally I used Pinkfresh acetate ephemera, I trimmed some leaves from the bottom of the large piece before placing it like a bouquet from photo across the semi-circle. Then the trimmed leaves and the other two pieces of acetate were arranged among the Bazzill flowers.

Dream Come True - My daughter and son-in-law love to travel and for their honeymoon a year ago they travelled to their dream destination - Bali. So here is a photo of them relaxing in this beautiful destination.


For this layout I started with the sheet of Pink Paislee - Bloom Street collection - #19. Using a die cut Mandela as a stencil, I placed it towards the top left of the paper and brushed with broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink through the gaps. To turn this into a dream catcher I used 6 strands of embroidery floss and stitched over the outlines of the shape with back and chain stitch. I used several shades of floss and caught a few iridescent beads into the embroidery along the way.


I worked more back stitch in two parallel lines hanging down from the circle for the feathers, and gathered in more beads. With the two wooden feathers from the kit I used a coat Gesso, followed by shading with Distress Paints. I tied the ends of the floss around the feather quills and glued the feathers to the background paper.  


I mounted my photo onto Pansy Bazzill, and attached it to the centre of the layout, overlapping the dream catcher. I arranged the flowers from the kit around the outer edge of the dream catcher, and I added one large lilac gem from my stash to the centre.

My title was created with Pinkfresh Joyful Day Puffy Alpha Stickers. I added a little journalling with some scraps of the Flavour Burst paper.

That's all for the July kit, and I'm now working on the August kit and with be back with this in a few weeks.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

1 comment:

Anita said...

These are both beautiful pages Lynn and perfectly embellished. I always enjoy seeing your finishing touches x