Saturday 17 April 2021

'Wander' by ScrappyAdam... Simple Stories 'Safe Travels' Collection

Happy Scrappy Saturday!

It has been a busy few weeks for me but I am so happy to be back on the Papermaze blog sharing a new layout using the new Simple Stories collection, Safe Travels. I absolutely love this collection - it is travel themed but it can be used for so much more especially with the travel restrictions of today. I loved my DT Pack and then bought the rest of the collection - like I always do!

I have used it to document a photo from a three week road trip across Europe we took in 2019. I have so many photos from this trip to document - I have so many photos to document! Do you scrap chronologically? Or are you more of a random scrapper like me? I scrap whatever photo I feel like depending on what I am working with! 


I took inspiration from Day 3 of Scrap Squad's '12 Days of Spring Scraplifts' over in the Scrap Squad Facebook group. I don't do scrap lifts all that often, even though I have a huge virtual pile on my phone and it was nice to have the starting inspiration for a change. I did change the orientation of my layout from the scraplift for Day 3. 

I took a sheet of White Bazzill as my background. I don't use white backgrounds all that much so that was a nice change.I started with two strips each of the papers Happy Travels, Weekend Vibes and Take Me Somewhere. I decided to tear these strips and had one large strip at the bottom and two smaller layered behind this and three smaller strips on the top. I did intentionally make it very textured with tearing and distressing the edges. 


I added my photo, slightly bigger than a 3x4" and used a Chipboard Frame to highlight the photo and layered a sticker to create a subtitle with the words already on the frame. 


To the top right, I added a cluster using the adhesive brads and enamel dots as well as a couple of stickers from the sticker book. 


I wanted to add more because there was a lot of white space left for me! If you've seen my layouts before then you know I don't do white space often at all! So I added a big foam sticker, some washi tape strips, brads and stickers as well as a rub on from my stash. 


That's pretty much it! Quite a simple page for me - with quite a bit of white space for me! Hope you have enjoyed it and I will hopefully be back with another Safe Travels project very soon!

 

In the meantime, pop along and have a look at all the other amazing creations on the blog, have a happy scrappy Saturday and stay safe and take care!

Adam x


No comments: