Wednesday 29 March 2023

Rosie's Studio Ephemera Projects

Hello there, it is Julie here with some projects using the wonderful Rosie's Studio ephemera.  These cardstock ephemera packs are filled with approximately 160 pieces, 2 of each shape that can be used as accents on scrapbook projects, cards and altered pieces.  The ephemera pieces vary in size from beautiful floral background pieces to tiny accents such as hearts, bees and ladybirds.  These packs are great value for money and can be used with co-ordinating Rosie's studio paper as well as other collections.  You can find Rosie's studio here.

I have been experimenting with several ephemera packs and made some lovely projects as Easter gifts. Firstly I made some Easter egg shaped rosettes using my Cricut and layered pieces from the Simply Charming ephemera set on top of the rosette.  I used a frame as a background shape and layered a piece of ephemera with a row houses using foam strips and then cut a piece of bunting ephemera in half and layered it on top.  





I felt there was a little something missing so I found a great leaf accent and tucked it into the background to create a little more depth to the piece.  I dotted a couple of sequins on top with wet glue to add a little sparkle.



The second egg I created I added pieces from the beautiful One Of A Kind collection.  Gorgeous pastel colours with lots of whimsical butterflies, cakes and creatures.  I used a large egg rosette ephemera piece as a background and layered butterflies and a sweet little caterpillar on top,  I like to combine using foam tape and double sided tape to add a little height and texture to the pieces.  






I also created two smaller egg rosettes and added ephemera from Brand New Day.  This collection has delicate watercolour flowers which work perfectly as backgrounds to these pieces.  Again, I layered the ephemera to create clusters to go on top of the egg.  I used to be quite worried about hiding ephemera pieces or cutting them but now feel confident in layering them up to create fuller clusters.





Lastly I made a mini pizza box in which I have put some sequins as a gift.  I used a cut file from Cricut design space and some Simple Stories paper to make the box.  I then added ephemera from One of a Kind and added some puffy pastel hearts from the same collection.  These hearts are a "must have", with 8 different pastel shades per sheet to co-ordinate with the collection.  I have used so many for different projects and still have lots left over.



I hope you liked my Easter projects, I will be back next month with some more ideas using Rosies studio ephemera.

No comments: