Tuesday 17 October 2023

Prima Twilight 3D frame

Happy October, Julie here again with another 3d project using the most beautiful pastel Prima Frank Garcia Twilight.  This collection uses pinks, pastel orange and the traditional black paired with vintage, whimsical Halloween images.



I had a box frame in my stash already but if you wanted to purchase the same it was a small square white frame from Ikea.  I started by taking the glass from the frame and covered the back of the frame with some Bazzill Blackbird to have a blank canvas to start with.  I then tore a square of Oddities paper as a background to my photo.



I used a tag from the Bewitching Ephemera (which is unfortunately sold out at the moment) to tuck behind my photo and a spider for the top left corner of the photo.  The ephemera packs are so full of large and small pieces that can be used for backgrounds and embellishments.  



I put a playing card from the Bewitching ephemera at the bottom of my photo and then went about creating raised layers to give a 3d effect.  I used three layers of foam strips on top of each other to make the pumpkins and book from the Halloween Night ephemera stand slightly away from the background.


I love the vintage pumpkin ephemera and wanted to bring a little pumpkin to the foreground of my box frame but not right to the front.  I found a small block of wood and glued the pumpkin to the block of wood and then to the background.



The frame had a groove all the way round that used to house the glass that I utilised as a ledge for the crow with the top hat.  The ephemera pack also included a beautiful trim piece that fit in the groove at the top of the frame perfectly.  To add an additional and final layer, I added a crow and cauldron on the outside of the frame as well as some sequins rising from the cauldron.

The Oddities paper is beautiful however, I felt it was a little too pink for my photo.  I found some black spray similar to Dylusions Shimmer Spray and spritzed a big on the background to add a little bit of texture.  I also used up some Say It In Crystals that I had from a previous collection.  The beauty of Prima is that so many of the collections can be interchanged as they use similar colour pallettes.

If I did this project again, I would say that I would probably have used another piece of card to mat my photo to make it stand out a little more but the beauty of scrapbooking is that we can always learn new things and can do something different the next time!  Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and I hope you enjoy my project.

No comments: