I asked her how and what had inspired her while looking at this picture....
On this page i was inspired by the pattern on the duvet cover. Which i mimicked with the pattern paper from Scenic Route. I also added a 'skirt' to my look like the one on the bed. The pillows made me add a brown ribbon that separates the patterns, as well as the brown frilly edge. The flowers are also from the duvet cover.
Now the 'theme' well i just couldnt get the thought out of my head, that the greatest comfort and comforter is my husband.
The journaling is part of a Swedish song and translated it goes something like this...
'you are the only one
who secretly sees me
Although no one has spoken
You know what i ask of you'
When i saw this duvet cover, the first thing i noticed was how feminine it was and the colours really reminded me of the new Prima Pattern papers, so i started there. I went through them and picked out the ones that i thought matched the colours. And then i wanted to make sure that the pattern paper had the flowers to match the duvet.
So then it was my turn and i created these cards. But with a difference.
I have seen all the tags from Bazzill and Hero Arts that i wanted to try it for myself. I drew out two tags and joined the together. The size of the tag is 13cm down,9.5cm across and the short part at the top that joins them together is 4cm.
I also cut out the same design with some acetate.
I then cut out some Prima pattern paper to the size 9.5cm down and 9.5cm across. Using a corner rounder i punched the edges to become scalloped. I inked them and added some blue gems.
I then added another piece of Prima paper to the size 5.5cm down and 9.5cm across. I inked the edges before sticking it down.
I then cut out a square size 7cm across and 8cm across. I used a small circle punch and punched out a notch. I stuck this on with thick tape so i could add a tag to slide in it later if i wanted to.
I then added to strips of ribbon across the middle and adhered to the back.
I then used an assortment of flowers in matching colours and stuck it to the left handside of the card using a glue dot.
Then using some glittery thickers i add the 4U.
I then attached it to the front of the card to the acetate with double sided sticky tape. And it looks like this.
I then did the inside of the card. I used the same size for the scalloped edge paper as on the front cover. I used a prima stamp on some acetate for the flourish in the corner, and placed it so the edge just fits of the end of the card. I left the rest blank to write the message inside.
Before finishing i added some brown card on to the rosy card behind the acetate. And volia the card is finished.
I then made a circle card using the same formula...
And here are the two together.
Prima - pattern paper
American Crafts - thickers
Scenic Route - pattern paper
Stripped paper - Basic Grey Archaic
Thanks for popping in and dont forget to come back tomorrow for another inspiration.