And here is my second layout showing another way to use stitching on your layouts.
This layout uses the My Minds Eye range called Grow.
The first paper I used is called Little Blossom, I used the orange dotty side, firstly cutting a large circle.
Using my EK Success Large Corner Rounder punch, I cut a scalloped edge.
I then cut two rectangles from two of the other papers, Checking Out, and Lots of Dots.
After inking the edges, I stuck the scalloped circle to my base cardstock, a piece of Bazzill Kraft.
The larger of the two other pieces I also stuck down.
On this layout I used Stitching templates- the ones I used are Bazzill In Stitchz, but there are others on the market. In the Papermaze shop Vanessa sells Crafters Workshop templates. Whilst these are not sold for stitching use, many of the designs could be used to mark a pattern to use to pierce holes for stitching.
Another option is to print a design on copy paper, then to pierce through using your paper piercer.
I also pierced a circle 5mm just inside the edge of the scalloped paper, and also a circle using a circular template just inside on the background cardstock.
I wanted quite a solid stitched line.
To do this, I started underneath, and stitched up through and back down through the next hole. Instead of moving on, move backwards to the hole before the first, then up and through. To complete the stitch, go back down through the first hole you where you started. You will now have two stitches forming a more solid stitching pattern.
To continue move backwards again, stitch up and through, and back down through the same hole you have already used.
The back of the layout will look like this...
There is most likely a technical term for what I have tried to describe- but a sewer I am not... only on my layouts!
The flowers are made from the Die-Cut Accessory Sheet I simply pushed out, inked and layered, sticking them together with small 3D foam pads for extra dimension.
I added another flower and some leaves on the other side to balance the layout.
The title is made using Doodlebug Simply Sweet alphabet stickers, I doodled around them with a brown pen to define them more.
A little journalling on some small strips of card finished the layout.
When I first received these papers to use I really wasn't sure about the colours, but by using them with a sepia photo, and using a kraft coloured base, I love the way it all came together.
I hope you will have been inspired to go and dig out a needle and some thread and add a little extra something to a layout soon.