Friday 25 December 2009

Happy Christmas...

For the 12th cards we have a couple of designs from Chloe and Lisa. First up is Chloe:

Believe it or not, a keen scrapbooker does not necessarily make a skillful cardmaker. While I will happily put together a layout without a second thought, I have been known to angst over a single card without coming up with a single idea. So I am always on the lookout for simplicity. And I think with this idea I've achieved it. As a scrapbooker, I'm never sure what to do with Cosmo Cricket border papers - I don't go in for borders a lot on my pages, and these sheets inevitably go to waste. However, I think I have found a use for them in cardmaking. Simply cutting up a border sheet provided all the embellishments I needed for this card.

First, I cut a 6x6in card blank from off-white card and affixed a slightly smaller square of Cosmo Cricket Breezy Freezy paper to the front, inking the edges first for definition. I then attached a piece of pale blue ric rac and some buttons which toned with the paper to the bottom of the card.
Next, I cut up a piece of the Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly Borders paper into separate embellishments. This strip came in the form of a snowman and four pieces of a rhyme. I fixed the snowman and three pieces of the rhyme ot the front of the card using foam pads to raise them.
The final piece of the rhyme I fixed inside the card, along with a scalloped paper circle and some more ric rac.
The finished card is blissfully simple to make but perfect for kids - and I've finally found a use for those border papers too!


And now from Lisa:


I love making mini cards to send. I think they look so cute. All I've used for these cards are 4x3'' card blanks, a sheet of 12x12 My Minds Eye Die Cuts - from the Colourful Christmas range.

Some pva glue and stickles to finish.


To start choose your embellishments from the 12x12 sheet. I've then sanded the edges for a smoother look and inked the edges.

I've then stuck my pieces in place and decorated with stickles to finish.


Very simple, but really effective.

And we would like to wish all our blog readers a Very Happy Christmas!

1 comment:

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable cards, and seasons greetings to you guys too! Jo x