Wednesday 22 December 2010

Christmas Gift Basket

I can't take the credit for this idea, I found the instructions somewhere on the internet a few years back, and can't for the life of me remember where!

This is to make a 'basket' out of one sheet of 12x12 card or cardstock-weight paper - skip to the end to see the finished result. (If you are using patterned paper, it will need to be double-sided for the best effect.)

Take your sheet of card/paper (I used one from the Crate Snow Day collection) and score at 4" intervals both horizontally and vertically, then score diagonally across each corner square from the outside point inwards - this diagram shows the score lines much better than I can describe them!



It should then look like this:



Choose which side you want to be the 'inside', and with this side face up, push in the corners so that your basket begins to take shape:



At this stage, ink the edges if you wish, then pinch each corner together and punch a small hole through, as shown:



Thread a long length of ribbon (lots to choose from here) through the holes, keeping the corners pinched together,



then draw the four corners carefully together, and secure the ribbon with a bow:



You can add some decoration, I chose some simple circles and gems for mine:



These make a lovely alternative for wrapping Christmas gifts (obviously nothing too heavy!), as a table centre holding glittery pinecones or some baubles, or on your coffee table filled with festive chocs. Have fun!

2 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Thank you! I whipped up four of these to hold my cookies, Snowman soup, a card and homemade ornaments...all odd sized gifts for each of my nieces and nephew! They aren't fancy like yours but they will fit the bill and it took me about fifteen minutes total!

lisa said...

That's gorgeous Nicky : )