Monday 2 June 2014

Journal page

As most of my crafty friends know, and if you visit this blog, or my blog, know, I am a bit of a "jack of all trades master of none" when it comes to creating.  I don't stick to one style or one medium and like to experiment with all sorts of media.

When I saw the Simple Stories products I really liked them and wondered how I could incorporate them into my style of crafting.

Armed with Simple Stories - the story of us 6x6 pad and the pack of bits and pieces I had a play and came up with this:-


The page is another one in my journal - the base was another "left over paint from projects page". I added some white paint thro' a stencil….there are currently several stencils out there that have a wide range of elements on them - these are ideal for creating pages like this, or to add onto your scrapbook - just enough to add to your background without dragging out your entire stencil collection.  I then chose my elements from the bits and pieces bag….I was contemplating adding a photograph to the middle, but, decided instead to cut the music background from the 6x6 pad - this pad is full of smaller elements as well as full pages - ideal to add to smaller projects.  I took my selection and then stamped an image onto it….when I cut the element out I left a small dark frame around the outside to give it grounding on my page….the stamped image was coloured with water colour pencils and the edges inked with distress ink.  All elements were outlined with a black pen and small doodled dots with a white centre added….

See my next post for more simple stories ………

TFL

No comments: