Wednesday 25 June 2014

The "simple stories" pad continues...

so, following on from my post a few weeks ago - I am on a mission to use these stunning Simple Stories - The story of us products in my own way…

So, today…

Us cardmakers spend ages creating cards for special occasions and what to do with those wonderful creations once you've received them?

My niece gets married later in the year and I wanted to do something different for her - so I've made this card:-


I stencilled the heart using Peacock feather distress ink and a Wendy Veechi stencil (Vanessa did have some of these stencils but they never reached the net - give the shop a ring to see if she still has them) - I then cut a swirl  and a bow out of silver paper and attached these to the heart.  The centre piece is from the 6 x 6 paper pad and the two word stickers are from the "bits and pieces" pack.  I have added bling to the centre of the bow and the tips of the swirls.

So, the idea is, that the centre part of the card is temporarily fixed in place and the swirls overlap without being attached - the happy couple insert a favourite photo in its place and mount it:-


into a box frame which has had pins and flowers mounted onto the base and an element from the bits and pieces pack added to the insert. A lovely reminder of the day and a great show piece for a wedding card.

TFL

No comments: