Saturday 25 October 2014

Product review and Trick or Treat!

Hi, Carol with you today.

I have been playing with the new distress stains from Ranger, found here.

I had barn door, spiced marmalade and walnut stain….

I wanted to see how these behaved in three different ways so taking three large manilla tags, the great way to experiment, I did the following:-

Using my heat resistant mat I spritzed the barn door and spiced marmalade in strips next to each other, not overlapping tho. and then added a spritz of walnut stain either end of my strip - I then added a spritz of water and dragged my tag thro the devine inky mess!  this is the result:-




as you can imagine there was an awful lot of ink left, so knowing that I was going to make something with my tags I took a length of seam binding and dragged it thro the left over ink, scrunching it up as I went and drying it off using a heat tool, just be careful not to burn your fingers!!



For the second tag I sprayed directly onto the tag, dried off and then sprayed again.  I then spritzed the tag with water and dried… this is the result.




For my last tag, I sprayed direct and then lifted the tag up so that the colours all ran into each other and then levelled off the tag leaving the excess ink to puddle - once dry, I placed a stencil over and spritized with water to remove the colour…



Here are all three together.



I must say that these colours are so vibrant and come in such a great range of colours that they are bound to add colour to your projects I can't wait to add some more colours to my collection.

As its nearly halloween I thought I'd share these little trick or treat packets with you….the bases are the same method as I used here for the Valentines gift…. this time the base is made with carta bella - spooky dance cardstock, and my embellishments are from Tando, painted with acrylic paint, with a stamped label, I've added some washi tape around the bottom - each one is filled with goodie for my own grown up trick or treaters.



TFL

No comments: