Thursday 24 September 2015

October Afternoon Summertime

Hi, its Julie here.  With summer leaving us I wanted to share a couple of summertime layouts using a mixture of October Afternoon Summertime and some of the Crate Paper Journey Ephemera.



For the first layout I used a stencil background to ink some stars on the pastel yellow background using some Tim Holtz Distress inks to create a little bit of a night sky.  I then used a sheet of the October Afternoon paper called Sunshine as a background to the photo.  I used some sprays to darken the yellow slightly and then fussy cut the string lights from the Backyard Lights sheet of paper.

As a title I used a square from the Blue Skies paper and used some pieces of ephemera from the Crate Paper journey pack to frame the photograph.  I felt the colours blended well with the Summertime collection.  To make one set of the lights sparkle I added some Stickles in Star Dust.







For the second summery layout I used some more of the Summer time collection, this time using Puffy Clouds as my background.  I, again, sprayed the paper to add interest but this time used a gold to mimic sparkles from the sea.  I kept this layout very simple and used the reverse side of Sunshine and Green Grass to create some penants to put at the side of the photo.  I also used another piece of the Blue Skies paper for some narrative.  As clouds are my favourite I added a little wooden cloud from Freckled Fawn in the corner that I had inked and added a bit of glitter with my Wink of Stella pen.  I used arrows and a feather from the Crate Paper Journey Ephemera to emphasize the titles, I found the pack to be full of really useful pieces that can be combined with numerous other collections.

No comments: