Tuesday 21 November 2017

Creative Journaling with Odds and Ends


Hello everyone,

I'm back this month with a post all about creative journaling, and how to put a page together when you've only got scraps left! I created this page primarily with some scraps from the Turn the Page collection, a few puffy stickers from Amy Tangerine, the ends of two washi rolls and the last of some enamel dots.


Before I start, yes I am a crazy dog lady who bought some hats for her dogs... I promise they were just for a photoshoot! Haha. Firstly, I used a strip of the #05 paper from Turn the Page, to create a flip-up insert in my creative journal. This maximises the space in my journal, and means I can create multiple layouts per page! To do this, I cut a strip to size, and secured it at the top of the page with washi so that it can flip up... so simple! Later, I will reinforce the washi with some selotape to ensure it stays in place.


My layouts are always simple, and quite similar. I adhered some doilies at the bottom of the page, and layered my photos on top of these. I felt that the page needed a title, so I used some old stickers from Simple Stories in the bottom right-hand corner. I then put together some embellishment clusters with the puffy stickers, washi and enamel dots.


To finish off the page, I stamped the date and doodled around the edge. I'm sure I've said it before, but I really feel that a few doodles finish off a layout when you just can't quite figure out what it's missing.

So there we have it! I hope you're all well and that you enjoyed my photos.

ChloƩ

Youtube | Instagram



1 comment:

Anita said...

This is so cute! Love all the little details. x