Friday 19 October 2018

October Papermaze Kit

Hello Scrappers! Lynn here today with the new Papermaze kit for October. For my first two layouts I have worked with the blue and brown colours and the time pieces.



What the kit contains this time:
 

Double-sided Patterned Papers:
Bo Bunny - Early Bird - Fanciful and Clocks
Bo Bunny Summer Mood - Spontaneous
Pebbles - Night Night - Snuggle Time
Authentique - Dame - One
Simple Stories - Forever Fall - Changing Leaves
Bazzill: Costal and Walnut Cream
reverse side of papers
Extra Bazzill Pack:
Fawn, blossom, Guacamole and Nautical Blue Dark
Embellishments
Tando Creative chipboard clock, Project Life photo frame, 1 pearl swirl, 50cm ribbon, 1 arrow clip, 10 clear dewdrops, 5 Shimelle glitter enamel drops, 1 Prima flower and 2 pink rosebuds.

My first layout today features two old photos from the late 1960's when I went to Brownie pack holiday. I just have the two group photos of this occasion, one taken at bedtime and the other outside during he day. With the clocks and the blues shades of paper, I decided to work with both photos together and the 'Night and Day' theme.

Using the Nautical Blue Dark Bazzill as the base, stencil some stars into position as shown with Creative Expressions Glitter Kiss and an Echo Park stencil (Wish Upon A Star - Make A Wish). 


I used Brushed Corduroy Distress ink to ink the edges of my cut papers.
To make a matt for the photos and patterned papers, cut a piece of Fawn Bazzill 23.5cm x 20.5cm. This piece could be gutted to give you more fawn to play with for the next layout. Mount the photos to the left, one above the other from the bottom upwards.
Cut a strip of  Bo Bunny - Early Bird - Clocks 20cm x 5cm and use the reverse side to make a band along the top. Cut a piece of 
Bo Bunny - Early Bird -Fanciful 11.5cm x 18cm and add to the right side. Mount the whole piece onto the Nautical Blue Dark Bazzill - 3cm in from the left and 4cm down from the top.

Take the
Tando Creative chipboard clock and lightly rub over with some gold gilding wax. Add this to the bottom right of the page. Cut lots of clocks from the Bo Bunny - Early Bird - Clocks paper and arranage on the page cascading down the right side. Some of these can be raised using 3D foam pads to add dimension. I made a circular journalling block using an old rubber stamp from my stash, then added this among the clocks too.

I made my title using three different fonts of American Craft Thickers from my stash. Finally I added hands to the clock using two arrows die cut with gold card and an arrow die. I used one of the
Shimelle glitter enamel drops for the centre.



***

My second layout features a photo I was sent recently from a new found distant relative on Ancestry of  Elizabeth and Thomas Billington, my husband's 2x Great Grandparents. I loved the tiny news print leaves on the
Simple Stories - Forever Fall - Changing Leaves paper and so picked out this detail to create embellishments for the layout.


I gutted the Changing leaves paper so I had a frame measuring about 1" all the way around. Then I cut down the Coastal Bazzill to 11" x 11" and mounted this centrally over the top after inking the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. (I used ink for all the edges).

With a large leafy doily placed in the centre of the layout, I made a three layer mat for the photo using Bo Bunny Summer Mood - Spontaneous. I didn't glue right to the edges of these layers, allowing me to tuck elements between them later.

From the kit I added the pearl swirl to the left side of the photo and the Prima flower to the bottom left corner.

With the
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Funky Foliage, Authentique - Dame - One paper and scraps of Fawn Bazzill, I cut the tiny leaves and stems to add around the photo. I also fussy cut a few images from the paper and added them too. Some fawn leaves were scattered onto the Coastal Bazzill in each corner of the layout. Two paper clocks were cut in half and added about the photo too.

For the title, I cut letters to spell the couple’s first names using Typeset Sizzix Sizzlit die and scraps of the Coastal Bazzill, mounting them onto scraps of Fawn Bazzill. I also used some wood effect Thickers for the Surname.


Back early next month with some more from this kit.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

3 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful pages Lynn, both so different and both lovely. Loving all those clock faces! xx

Lynn said...

thank you a Anita xxx

Karen said...

Beautiful layouts Lynn. Love the cascading clock faces. x