Friday 15 November 2019

November Papermaze Kit

Hello, Lynn here with my November Papermaze Kit creations - well my first pair of layouts anyway! This kit contains a wonderful selection of colours and designs including papers from Vicki Boutin, Pink Paislee and Simple Stories.

For the first two layouts I have selected the blues and greens from the collection.



As always, let's look at what's in the kit:




Patterned Paper:
American Crafts, Vicki Boutin - Wildflower and Honey collection - Blossom, Field of Dreams & Queen Bee
Pink Paislee - Indigo & Ivy - #12
Simple Stories - Happy Trails - I Love You S'more
Simple Stories - Winter Farmhouse - Warm & Cozy
Bazzill - Cream Puff & Ruby Slipper

The flip side of the papers:



Extra matching Bazzill pack:



Jade, Carob, Festive and Rain.



Embellishments - 12" x 6" Butterflies Printed Vellum, 3 strips of washi tape, 30cm twine, 30cm cotton lace, strip of 5 gems, 3 paper cherry blossom flowers, 1 paper blossom, pearl swirl, 2 exclusive lazer cut wooden hexagon words.

Butterfly Confetti is the first page, and shows Catherine and George's witnesses letting off  butterfly confetti cannons after having traditional confetti thrown over them both as they emerged from the ceremony.


I drew several overlapping circles in pencil onto the sheet of Pink Paislee - Indigo & Ivy #12 paper. With gold embroidery thread, I hand stitched over all the lines.

Then with a good film to watch, I sat and cut out all the vellum butterflies. I paired these up, layering a large over a small in most cases and used the blues, greens and lilacs, saving the pinks, oranges and reds for another day. I set all the butterflies aside while positioning the other elements.p

I mounted the photo onto some of the Jade Bazzill and stuck it in place. Then I created my title with Pink Fresh Studio Puffy Alpha Stickers (see the full range in the shop).

To finish off I attached the butterflies, by sticking only their bodies to the layout, leaving the wings free!


Tiny Bundle of Fluff is a layout with a photo of our cat when she first arrived at home as a tiny kitten, her ears were as big as her face in those days! I was inspired by the work of Caroline Aston.


I trimmed the Rain Bazzill to 29cm x 29cm and using Distress Oxide Inks in Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough, I placed some ink on the craft mat with some water. Then I dipped the cardstock into the ink in different areas and let it run. Once dry I used a Gabrielle Pollacco stencil (Mini Complicated Hearts), and I inked some hearts using the ink from the pad with a blending tool. I also inked all the edges.

I gutted the 'Field of Dreams' paper to give me a frame for the layout with the green script side uppermost, setting aside the colourful hearts side for later. Then I glued the Bazzill in place.

I wanted to use just the green and blue hearts section, so cut a piece approx. 18cm x 12.5cm. This was inked and mounted onto Jade Bazzill, before being attached to the bottom left of the page. Then I mounted my photo onto another piece of the paper, script side up. This in turn was inked and mounted onto Jade Bazzill, then stuck to the layout overlapping the top of the hearts paper.

From the embellishments pack in the kit I used the lace along the bottom of  the hearts paper, the pearl swirl at the base of the photo and the leaves and flowers either side of the photo. I added a few tiny roses from my stash.


From the leftover blue and green hearts, I added a short strip of hearts to the top right, with a narrow banner of script underneath. I cut a few more hearts from the paper and scattered them across the page. Then I took two vellum butterflies and placed them onto the layout too.

My title was made with alphas from my stash, American Crafts Thickers and Pinkfresh Puffy Alpha Stickers
(see the full range in the shop).


That's all for today, I'll be back with more soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

Another fabulous kit! And I love what you have done with it so far Lynn, especially the Butterfly Confetti, so so pretty and delicate and what a wonderful photo to scrap xx

Karen said...

Lovely layouts Lynn. I particularly like what you've done with the butterflies. x x