Friday 1 November 2019

Spooky Spiderman - Scrapbook Layout #1 using Doodlebug Design Candy Carnival

Hello, Rebecca back with you today and this month I'm working with the amazing new Candy Carnival Collection by Doodlebug Design. I've been waiting for a bright and fun Halloween collection and this definitely didn't disappoint. I love Halloween and everything about it - pumpkin picking, baking pumpkin spice cookies, dressing up, sweets..... and all the colours! So when I received this collection, I couldn't wait to get stuck in. I was really struggling to decide which paper to use first - so I decided to use all of them!


I've had this spider web cut file in my stash for a whole year now so decided it was time to use it. I used most of the patterned papers in the collection to back the cut file. It took a long time, but I love the finished look with all the contrasting colours.


I hadn't done any mixed media for a while so decided to get a bit messy with this one using a mixture of Distress Ink Pads and Dylusions Ink Sprays. I marked where I wanted the spider webs to sit on my background and used the packaging technique to add some black distress ink. I watered the black down before adding it to the page and then mopped up the excess with a tissue so that it wasn't too dark. I then went a bit mad with ink spatters in all the colours from the papers - black, green, purple, blue, orange and then added a few silver splatters too for good measure!I popped the spider webs up on foam pads to add dimension.


At this point I decided that there was too much white. I'm all for embracing white space, but it was bugging me with this layout so I decided to add a border using the Prize Wheel patterned paper. I felt that this tied in all the colours really well. I then added some thread clusters behind the spider webs in orange, green and purple threads. I used some of the journalling cards from the reverse of the Prize Wheel paper to matt my photo and backed it up on foam.

I embellished the layout using a banner piece and a couple of ephemera pieces from the Odds & Ends Chit Chat pack and a few chipboard pieces from the Bella Blvd Sweet & Spooky Collection.


I used some halloween patterned papers from my stash and a set of alphabet dies to create my title, and finished my layout with some nuvo drops in coordinating colours.

I hope you've enjoyed this layout - the collection is now available in the shop.

I'll be back later in the month with another layout using this collection.

Happy Halloween!

Rebecca x



1 comment:

Anita said...

Super cute! What a cheeky page xx