Wednesday 18 March 2020

Simple Pleasures ...... Carta Bella 'Farmhouse Market'


Hello again,

 It's Anita here with you and I am sharing my first layout using the very pretty Farmhouse arket Collection from Carta Bella

In 2017 we went on a wonderful road trip around the UK to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary. The photo I have scrapped today is from my favourite day, when we visited WastWater in The Wasdale Valley....such an incredible place.


The layout is based on a sheet of  Lovely Floral
I drew round a tea plate in the centre of the sheet and then cut the circle out and removed carefully before later placing it on a sheet of Powder Blue Cardstock that I had cut down to 11" x 11", this allowed a pretty frame of the backing paper to show
I used an old brown inkpad and gently inked all the edges of every layer to give some definition.


I have been lucky enough to try the new Stickles Glitter Gel in Moon Dust. This really is lovely stuff!! And super sparkly!!
I used an old credit card to swipe the gel across the mini stencil ( Shabby Harlequin)
It settles with a lovely dimension and as it dries it sets a little lower in level...still remaining super sparkly and ultra pretty.




After the gel dried (helped by a heat gun ;) I cut some strips from a sheet  of Timeless Floral and using a Tim Holtz  rosette die I created a few rosettes to embellish the page and also added a couple of the Apricot Honey Grapefruit tart flowers by Prima

I used a saying strip across the bottom of the page, matted on olive cardstock.




One of the sheets,  Tags... is exactly that! Just tags!! So I cut a few out and threaded then together to hang across the top of the layout. I gently inked all the edges and added a few Crystal AB flat backed gems to finish it off.
I also cut a little panel from the sheet of 4 x 6 journalling cards and added a little info about our day out.




This is a really pretty collection and I have really enjoyed working with it. You can see the entire Farmhouse Market Collection here in the shop.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

This is so pretty and fresh, love it Anita. xx

Anita said...

Thank you very much Lynn xx