Friday 25 June 2021

Carta Bella ~ Summer #1


 Hi all, it’s Anna back with you today! I’m working with a new collection - Carta Bella’s Summer, which you can find in the shop here
I really loved the Lemonade Squeeze patterned paper, so I decided to base my layout on this and paired it with a perfect accompanying cut file “when life gives you lemons”. 


I used the Lemonade Squeeze patterned paper as my base and trimmed a sheet of Powder Blue 12x12 bazzill cardstock down by about an inch each side, making sure the lemons were visible. I distressed the edges of the bazzill cardstock before adhering it to the paper. 
I then set my cameo to work to cut out the cut file, instead of backing the letters on this cutfile, I kept the inner letters and inked them using distress ink in the shade of fossilised amber. I then mounted them onto 3D foam pads to raise them slightly from the rest of the cutfile. I mounted the lemon in two shades of bazzill cardstock and the b side of the summer strawberries patterned paper from the Carta Bella Summer collection. I completed the title with some alpha stickers by doodlebug. 



To embellish this layout, I used a few of the frames and tags ephemera pieces, including two small tags in the bottom left hand corner and the ‘sweet’ die cut to the right of my photo. I also used a few pieces from the Simple Stories Vintage Cottage Fields foam stickers, including the hearts and butterflies. The colours really paired well with this collection. 
And finally I added in a couple of word stickers from the sticker sheet #1 from the P13 collection Summer Vibes. 


I made my personal journaling hidden on this layout. To do this, I used a tag from the So Sweet Tags patterned paper and journaled on it, I added a punched hole and some twine to make it easy to pull out from behind the photo. I raised the photo using some 3d foam pads to allow a little space to slide the tag in and out. 


Thanks so much for looking, have a great weekend! 
See you next time with another layout from this collection. 
Anna 
X

No comments: