Monday 6 December 2021

Merry Christmas - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Rustic Christmas

Hi everyone and Happy December! Rebecca with you today sharing my first layout using the gorgeous Simple Vintage Rustic Christmas collection from Simple Stories. I have absolutely loved the 'Vintage' collections from Simple Stories this year, and this collection is no exception. You can find the full collection in the shop here.



I started by cutting a large star shape from the B side of the 3x4 Elements patterned paper. I then cut just the outline of the star shape using the red bazzill cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack and stuck the two together using wet glue. I selected the 'Fig Swirl' bazzill cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack and stuck the star down flat, offsetting it slightly so that two of the points were hanging off the page. I then trimmed the overhang off.



For this layout, I'm scrapping two photos of my son from last December. The colours work really well with this collection. I added a layer of the Peace on Earth paper behind my photos and added some craft foam behind them before adhering them to the star. 


I wanted to get my title in place early, to make sure I didn't run out of space for it. (We've all done that, right?!) I selected the word 'Merry' from the Foam Stickers and then picked a sticker from the Combo Stickers which said 'Merry Christmas'. I didn't want the 'Merry' part so I trimmed that off and then added the sticker under my foam sticker to complete my title. 



I had a look through the Woodland Bits & Pieces pack and selected some Christmas Trees and some Poinsettias and positioned them either side of my photos, layering them on top of each other to achieve some dimension.  I also added a Christmas tree from the foam stickers.



Next, I selected some die cuts from the Bits & Pieces pack and placed them on my layout making a visual triangle around my photos. 



I also selected two tags from the same pack and added them behind the right hand photo. I added eyelets to the tags and threaded some ribbon from my stash through the hole.



I finished my layout off with some splatters of watered-down white gesso, and also a border of Nuvo Crystal Drops around the outside edge of the star in the colour 'Bottle Green'. 



If you'd like to watch this layout come together, I have a process video up on my YouTube channel, which you can find here.

Thanks so much for reading. I hope you've enjoyed this layout and it gives you some inspiration. This collection really is a beauty!



I'll be back later in the month with another layout using Rustic Christmas, but until then - I wish you all a WONDERFUL Christmas.

Take care,

Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft




No comments: