Wednesday 5 January 2022

Carta Bella Happy Christmas - Merry & Bright

Hello. Happy New Year! 

Karen here today with my final layout using Carta Bella's Happy Christmas collection. I've mentioned before how I like to scrapbook with the seasons. I feel inspired to scrapbook autumn photos when it's autumn, summer photos when its summer, winter photos when its winter, etc.  Although Christmas is now passed, my decorations and tree will stay up until twelfth night and so still surrounded by the sparkle and glitter of Christmas I still feel inspired to scrapbook Christmas photos. I know other people scrapbook Christmas in July, straight after Christmas or at any time that takes their fancy and that's great too because Papermaze have a wonderful collection of Christmas papers stamps and embelishments in the shop all year round.

For my layout I started with a sheet of the Christmas Signs paper. The woodgrain on the B side was used as the base and I have to admit I did cry a little inside because I wasn't going to use all the gorgeous chalkboard images on the A side.

I then cut nine 2.5" squares from scraps of the various papers from the collection. These were arranged in a 3 x 3 grid on a piece of white cardstock and placed on the layout. Using a Uni-ball White Signo Gel Pen I drew faux stitching round the edges of the squares and also round the outside of the layout.

My 4x6 photo was double matted onto white and red cardstock and fixed onto the layout with 3D foam underneath, overlapping the nine square grid.


I embellished the layout with pieces fussy cut from the 3x4 journalling cards and placed 3D foam underneath to add some dimension.


I also added one of the chipboard phrases.


I hand stitched a chain-stitch hanger using some red embroidery thread for one of the fussy cut baubles. 


A ribbon bow (saved from a Christmas Card) embellished a fussy cut wreath.


Finally, watered down white acrylic paint was splatted over the whole layout, a few white sequins were scattered about and die cut numbers were used for the date.

I hope this layout has inspired you to scrapbook your Christmas photos and I will be back soon with another project and a new collection.

Until then, don't forget that Papermaze's January sale has started - there's 20% off everything in store (excludes kits, gift vouchers and new arrivals during sale period) - go and grab a bargain! No code needed, the discount will show up automatically in your basket.

I hope that 2022 is a good year for you and that you and your family stay fit and well. 
Take Care
Karen x x

No comments: