Monday 4 July 2022

Echo Park Endless Summer - The Year of The Pineapple Cake

Hello, Karen here again with a final layout using the Endless Summer collection from Echo Park. The layouts I've previously created using this collection were both summer themed but today's layout isn't, and hopefully shows that themed collections can easily be used for layouts totally unrelated to the theme of the collection. My layout today is about a birthday cake that was made in the winter and the inspiration for the layout was the B side of the sheet of multi journalling cards which features a pineapple design.


Onto the yellow pineapple paper I layered rectangles cut from the Beach Days and Sun Rays papers that I had left over from my previous layouts. I matted the papers with black cardstock before attaching them to the layout as I really wanted the colours to pop. I played around with the positioning of the rectangles for quite a while until I was happy with them.


I also created a tag from more of the Beach Days paper and black cardstock and on the tag I mounted a smaller photo and some journalling. I added a black reinforcing ring to the hole in the tag and tied the tag with black & white bakers twine.


My 5x7 photo was double matted with black and white cardstock and then placed on the layout. I left the right side of the photo unstuck so that I could tuck my tag behind the photo. The photo is hidden but the journalling is visible. White paper doilies were also tucked underneath the photo to soften some of the hard edges. I always think paper doilies are a prefect addition to food themed layouts!


I printed more journalling onto a journalling card from my stash and tucked this underneath the bottom left corner of the photo.


I chose a chipboard word from the sheet of chipboard accents and added this as an embelishment.


Some very old puffy stickers from my stash and some newer foam Thickers from American Crafts were used to create the title which was placed at the bottom of the layout nestled into the paper rectangles. 

Finally a scattering of black sequins were added.

I do hope you like the Endless Summer collection as much as I do. It is such a bright and happy collection and perfect for so many layouts and is available in the shop here .

I'll be back soon with another project but until then, take care.

Karen x x

No comments: