Friday 1 July 2022

June Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn here today with my second pair of Design Team layouts using the Papermaze June Kit.  The kit is available in the store or online, and is a lovely collection of pretty summery coloured papers and embellishments. Both my layouts feature photos taken on a day out to Kew Gardens last month.


Here is a reminder of what you will find in the kit, before moving on to how the layouts were created. Please see full details of the kit HERE.


When Flowers Dream - This amazing exhibition was on display at Kew Gardens when we visited, and the colours were perfect for the papers in this kit.

I separated the bands of colour from the Happy Days paper and distressed the edges.  Then I placed them down the left side of the sheet of white Bazzill. I lightly marked the gap where each strip of colour finished, then set aside the papers for later. With a selection of Distress Oxide Inks (picked to match the colours in the paper), I flicked wet ink over the white Bazzill, in bands to correspond with the paper colours.


The bands of coloured paper were replaced in the right order and I arranged the photos to the right side of the layout, tucking them under the papers. Once happy with the placement I stuck them all in place. 


For the title I used some old Pinkfresh Studio mini puffy alpha stickers for the first line. Then with Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits - Alphanumeric Bold die set I cut the next three words. I cut them once in scraps from the Happy Days paper and then again from some thin white card. I layered the letters up before sticking them to the layout.


From the kit I selected the strip multicoloured puffy dots, and selected a colour to match each of the paper colours and stuck these to the left side of each strip.


I used the circular sticker from the
Heidi Swapp phrase thickers and the Rosie's Studio puffy stickers, arranging them down the right side of the strips of paper.


My journalling about the sculpture was written on the bottom three bands of coloured paper.
The photos were decorated with pink pop pom trim.


Finally I added Nuvo Crystal Drops, gems, sequins and pearls in matching colours.


Afternoon Tea - My daughter treated me to a day at Kew Gardens for my birthday, which included a lovely afternoon tea. 

For this layout I selected the 'Full Bloom' paper to make a deep border. I created this by gutting the sheet to make a frame of 2.5cm. I trimmed a sheet of white Bazzill to 26.5cm x 26.5cm, and distressed the edges.

I wanted to make four colour blocked areas so sorted some embellishments and paper scraps from the kit and my own stash, sorting them into the colours I wanted to use picked from the floral frame. I decided on yellow, turquoise, pink and peach. Then I matched these colour groups to four Distress Paints. The paper was divided into quarters before flicking a little paint into its corresponding area.


Once the paint was dry, I hand stitched around the edges of this cardstock using some rainbow embroidery thread. I arranged my embellishments, papers and card onto the layout. I used the following from the kit: elements from the Sun Chaser Colourful Phrase Thickers, Doodlebug camera shape sprinkles, Pinkfresh Studio chipboard frames and multicoloured puffy dots.

From my stash I added pearls, d
ecorative pins and Pinkfresh Studio - My Favourite Story enamel dots


I created paper layering using both sides of papers from the kit - (Full BloomPerfect Day Plaid and Happy Days). And made tags made from the Bazzill in the kit and some from my own stash. I added some jute twine to a hole punched into the top of each tag. I also used the same twine to wrap around tags and papers. 


I cut flowers and butterflies from Beautiful Moments paper scraps, and placed them onto the arrangements with some 3D foam pads.

My four little titles were cut from more scraps of the Happy Days paper, selecting colours to match my arrangements. I used the Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Alphanumeric - Label die set.


That's all from the June Kit, I'll be back with the July kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: