Monday 5 December 2022

Simple Stories ~ Hearth and Holiday 🌟

Hi all, it’s Anna back with you today! 
It’s December and the countdown to Christmas is on! With this in mind, for one of my design team posts this month I wanted to make some form of advent calendar. 
I have made advent calendar’s for the blog before, which you can find here and here


My idea for this advent calendar meant I wouldn’t have as much space as my previous designs, therefore I decided to make it a ‘12 days of Christmas’ advent calendar rather than the full 24/25 days.
I am working with Simple Stories Hearth and Holiday collection, which you can find in the shop here


To create my advent calendar I created 12 items that could be hung from a wooden dowel. I used twine to do this. 

For days 1,2,8 and 12 - I used tags from the ‘Tags’ patterned paper simply cutting them out and punching a hole at the top and threading twine through. On the back I attached gold chocolate coins using foam pads to stick them down.

For day 3 - I cut out two star shapes from brown paper. I then tore the edges rather than cut out the stars and then hand stitched the two pieces together. Before I completed the sewing I added in some chocolate treats. 

Day 4 - To create day 4’s advent treat, I used an envelope, mounted with some Kraft cardstock and two triangle shaped pieces from ‘spreading cheer’ I mounted the number onto some red cardstock and added some stickers from the combo sticker sheet. 

Day 5 - Using red cardstock, I created a 3D triangular prism, where I could easily insert another chocolate treat! I added a strip of  Holly & Jolly along with some more stickers. 

Day 6 - Again I created a 3D element in the form of a small gift bag. Inside I added a nail varnish and embellished the front of the bag using red cardstock and a bow from the combo stickers. 

Day 7 - This one was made by using a toilet roll tube and wrapping it up in the form of a Christmas cracker using brown paper. I embellished the front by adding a strip of red cardstock and some combo stickers. 

Day 9 - I wrapped up a Christmas treat using brown paper and then added a piece of ‘Holly&Jolly’ patterned paper to the front. I wrapped lots of twine around it which I could also use to tie the parcel to the dowel.

Day 10 - I followed a template to create a 3D gift box out of the B side of Holly and Jolly.  Again I wrapped twine around it to create added texture and decoration as well as using it to tie to the dowel. 

Day 11 - For day 11, I created a stocking, this was simply made by using red cardstock. I hand-drew a shape of a stocking and cut out two pieces. I used gold thread to sew them together and then added a strip of Kraft cardstock along the top of the stocking. I added my treats into the stocking. 

To create the numbers on each of the advent pieces, I used my silhouette cameo to cut numbers in different sizes out of white cardstock




Thanks so much for looking! I’ll be back again before Christmas to share a scrapbook layout using this collection. 

See you soon!
Anna
X

No comments: