Wednesday 28 June 2023

Retro Summer - Ephemera mini album

Hello again, I am back again with another project using my new favourite Simple Stories Retro Summer.  This collection is a mix of vintage seaside signs and gorgeous ice cream themes.  




I started with the Retro Sign Bits and knew immediately I had to do something with these gorgeous pieces of ephemera.  This pack consists of 19 cardstock die cut ephemera signs of varied sizes.  I used the larger pieces (approx. 21/2" x 31/2") to make a mini album.




I used a piece of bright pink acetate for the covers and used my crop-o-dile to punch holes into it and to fit some eyelets.  I then used a lot of the stickers from the sticker book, ephemera pieces and even pieces from the element stickers to create the cover.  I've learned to layer items and not to worry that you may not be able to see the whole sticker or whole piece of ephemera.  This has enabled me to create a layered effect on the cover.

The ephemera is blank on the back so I backed the ephemera with papers from the collection to add a little more colour.



On this page I couldn't resist making a shaker, I added white foam tape (which I know you can see) and a piece of acetate to make a simple shaker.  I rather liked the look of the foam tape as it looked a bit like a border and bit like the outside of a swimming pool. 

On the reverse I kept with the swimming pool theme and, using tag stickers, added a swimming pool piece of ephemera from the Bits and Pieces pack and made a little flip to add a little interest.



I continued to decorate the pages with trim and ribbon to add some bulk and who doesn't like pom pom trim!



On this page I used two stickers from the sticker book to again create a little flip.  I love finding different uses for the stickers that perhaps wouldn't be my first choice to make it onto a project.

I have loved how this little project turned out and I hope you enjoyed it too.  Ephemera is not always the side dish it can used as the main course too!  Join me next month for Christmas in July!!!

No comments: