Friday 14 June 2024

Echo Park - Summer Vibes - Vacay Vibes

Hello everyone!

Welcome back to the Papermaze Blog! It's Claire here with you today and this month I am working with the Summer Vibes collection from Echo Park.

This is a really beautiful collection, full of warm tones, fun patterns and lots of ephemera perfect for documenting a wide range of summer memories.

For my first layout, I'm scrapping some photographs of a visit to a local restaurant on a recent trip away. The photographs have lots of warm orange tones, greens, blues and yellows and seemed to match this collection so beautifully, I couldn't resist!

I started with a piece of smooth white Bazzill Cardstock in Coconut Swirl which came with the Matchmaker Pack.

I cut four strips of patterned paper with approximate sizes as follows:

I distressed the edges of each piece ad drew a white border around the outside. For extra interest, I used a punch to add some decorative elements to the 2nd and 4th strip.  To create a shadow, I adhered each strip to my page with foam tape, replicating the evening shadows from the sun.



To draw your eye into the photos, I used a piece of 4x4 Journaling Cards and Pool Pals papers to double mount the photos, pulling the different colours in the collection together.



I created two clusters on either side of the photos, mixing materials by using the Element Stickers and Sticker Book, along with some icons from the Chipboard Phrases.





I complemented this with some small phrases from the Element Sticker sheet, raising some on foam and sticking some flat.



For my title, I opted for this fun Vacay Vibes piece from the Chipboard Phrases, layering stickers underneath. For a little extra drama, I also added a long border sticker from the Sticker Book along the top edge of the Tropical Vibes paper which takes your eye across the page to the title.



I love how this turned out. It's been so much fun to create with this collection, and I'm looking forward to sharing another layout with you soon.

Check out the collection in full here.

Happy Scrapping!

Claire x
@scrappysoulmate

No comments: