Wednesday 12 June 2024

Papermaze June Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today, introducing the Papermaze Kit for June. Lots of bright colours this month for those summery layouts.
Here are my first two layouts, both with some machine stitching.


 
Patterned papers:
American Crafts - Rainbow Avenue - My Feelings
Echo Park - My Little Girl - Pretty Girl Plaid & Bright Floral
Pinkfresh Studio - Picture Perfect - Write your Story
Pinkfresh Studio - The simple things - Rays of Sunshine
Simple Stories - Summer Snapshots - Take the Shot

The image below shows both sides of each of the papers included in the kit.

Embellishments: 1/2 sheet Paige Evans Blooming Wild puffy stickers, Strip of Vicki Boutin Speciality Acetate Discover and Create, 1 Paige Evans Blooming Wild Chipboard Mini Frame, 4 Doodlebug Designs All Aflutter butterfly shape stickers, 3 Masterpiece Design '12 months label mix', 3 Pretty Little Studio ephemera pieces Sunkissed - Smell the Flowers, Pinch of Pinkfresh clear drops - Blush, & Strip of Doodlebug Designs washi tape - Bunny Hop Pastel Plaid.


Bazzill Basics - Coconut Swirl & Classic Yellow (included in kit). Passionate, Aqua, Marmalade Blast & Wild Pansy (in Extra Bazzill Pack)

Merry Go Round - A recent trip to Bressingham Gardens and Steam Museum with my brother and SIL, we just had to ride on the Gallopers!


I started this layout, by trimming the white Bazzill to 11" x 11", then I cut a 7.5" circle from the cardstock, roughly 1" in from the top and the left. I used a sewing machine and orange thread to sew a line around the edge of the card, and wavy lines around t cut-out. The cardstock was then mounted over the PFS
Rays of Sunshine paper.


I positioned my photos to the right of the layout, and set about the embellishments and title.


I cut small triangles from the scraps of cardstock left from preparing the original piece. Cutting more from the
Marmalade Blast Bazzill. These were doubled up to create a shadow under each flag, I strung them over the top of the circle to create a bunting effect, adding some twine. I used 3D foam pads to raise the flags from the page. I used Mint Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup stickers to add part of the title to the flags.


I made a cluster of labels using the
3 Masterpiece Design '12 months label mix from the kit. I wrote my journalling onto these labels.



The word 'Merry' was cut three times using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlit set - Merry & Bright. I used Passionate, Marmalade Blast & Wild Pansy Bazzill from the kit. These words were glued together slightly off-set from one another. This was placed at the top of the circle.


Butterflies were added to the top right of the page using the All Aflutter butterfly shape stickers from the kit.

I created the 'The Gallopers' with more Alphabet Soup - this time the Tangerine set. Two tiny hearts from both sets of these alpha stickers were placed in the label cluster.

Finally, I scattered some iridescent sequins over the page in colours to match the papers.

The Show Must Go On - Whatever the Weather - Catherine and her colleague working on the summer show for children in the Abbey ruins near where she lives. Mostly the weather was good to them, but there were a few days of rain!


The base for this page is the 'B' side of EP
Pretty Girl Plaid. I started by creating my rainbow using strips of paper cut from PSF Write your Story. I cut a stripe of each colour from this paper, then I chopped them into 1" long pieces. I arranged them into a rainbow arc and stuck them to the page. I machine stitched with purple thread over each colour.



With some black cardstock I created my title using the Cricut, and arranged some of these over the rainbow and some just beneath it.


My photo was mounted onto some white card and placed into position. I also cut a few clouds from white card to use as journalling blocks and added these to the right of the photo. I inked the edges first.


Rain was made, using Assorted Water Droplets also available at Papermaze.  I used two of flowers from the Paige Evans Blooming Wild puffy stickers fin the kit.


Finally, I cut some words from PFS Write your Story paper, I inked the edges and applied them around the top of the rainbow.

That's all for today, I will return with part two soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: