Monday 14 October 2024

October Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Look at this beautiful, crisp autumn themed kit from Papermaze for October. I have enjoyed making my design team layouts using this month's collection. Here are the first two pages using autumn themed photos.



Patterned Papers:
Carta Bella - Harvest collection - Fall Floral Bunches & Multi Journalling Cards
49 and Market - Academia collection - Great Job
Jen Hadfield - Groovy Darlin' collection - Mellow
Simple Stories - Cider & Donuts collection - Tag Elements
Graphic 45- Autumn Greetings collection - Fall Foliage

The photo below shows both sides of the papers:


Embellishments:
3" x 12" Jen Hadfield Groovy Darlin' acetate, 2 Echo Park Sweater Weather chipboard phrases, 1 Prima nature academia flower, 1 strip Doodlebug gold sprinkles, 4 Bare Basics labels, 2 lines of Rosie's Studio Wildwood chipboard and selection of 49 and Market perforated tickets (peach).


Bazzill Basics - CS White and Beeswax (included in kit). Rain Forest, Quartz, Mocha Divine and Tangelo (Extra Bazzill Match pack).


Autumn Wedding - This layout has been created for friends, following their wedding in Wales last November. It had been raining, but stopped during the ceremony, so they came out of the church to sunshine and a rainbow!



For the backdrop, I used the sheet of Mocha Divine Bazzill from the kit.  I cut the Peartree Cutfile from the Rain Forest Bazzill. Using Picket Fence Distress Ink and a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Festive THS029, I inked leaves and berries in a circle slightly larger than the cutfile, so I would see them popping out from under the finished wreath.


I backed the cutfile leaves using Bazzill from the kit and other scraps from my stash. I chose two tags from the Simple Stories Tag Elements, cut them out and punched a hole in the top of each one. They were threaded together with some seasonal ribbon, which I tied in a bow at the front. I attached this embellishment to the bottom right of the wreath. Then I mounted the wreath to the background with 3D foam pads.


I sprinkled some Distress Stain (Tarnished Brass) and Distress Paint (Picket Fence), over the page, and allowed this to dry.



The photos were added to the centre of the wreath.  



With embellishments from the kit, I added the Doodlebug gold sprinkles and the Prima flower.

Harvest Festival - The children ready to go to the Harvest Festival service at our church.



I gutted the B side of  Multi Journalling Cards paper to make a frame of 1". Over this I mounted a sheet of Cream Puff Bazzill, trimmed to 10.5" x 10.5" and inked with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. I sprayed some Distress Inks (Fossilised Amber, Gathered Twigs and Rusty Hinge) over the cardstock.


I chose six tags from the Simple Stories Tag Elements paper, and punched holes in the tops. After inking the edges, I arranged them across the bottom of the layout and threaded them together with Beautiful Baker's Twine (cream and gold). I ran the length of burlap from the kit across the layout just under the top of the tags.



The photos were added, tucking them under the burlap strip. I cut the two tag tops from the manufacturer's strip, and punched holes, then tied more of the twine through each hole and tied them in a bow. I placed one of these above the left-hand photo and the other up-side-down from the top right. I added tickets and labels from the kit to these tag tops to create small clusters.


My title was created with a word I created on the Cricut and cut from Bazzill and gold Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup stickers.



I wrote the date on the label. Finally, I used a few spots of glue to hold the looped twine in place.


That's all for today, I'll be back with more from this kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: