Monday 21 October 2024

Mintay Papers - Autumn Splendor - Autumn Leaves and Long Walks Please

Hello, Karen here to share another layout using the Autumn Splendor collection from Mintay Papers. I can't tell you how much I am enjoying playing with this collection. I always love creating autumn themed layouts but this collection makes the process so much fun as the images on the papers and embelishments are so cute and the colour scheme is beautiful.

I started this layout with a 12x12 sheet of smooth white cardstock which was trimmed down slightly and mounted onto a gutted sheet of 12x12 cardstock from the Echo Park Wood Grain collection. Using my sewing machine I then stitched round the edges to give extra interest and texture.

Using the remaining woodgrain cardstock which had previously been gutted, I cut on the Silhouette Cameo an autumn wreath cut file. 


The cut file was laid onto the middle of the layout and lightly drawn around with a pencil. Using some pale blue watercolour paint I smooshed some over the top of the pencil marks so that when the cut file was glued to the layout the paint was still visible round the sides. The paint did warp the layout a little but once the layout is put into an album I think it will flatten.


With die cuts from the die cuts pack I then had fun embellishing the wreath shape.


3D foam was placed underneath some of the die cuts for added dimension.


Some jute twine was twirled amongst the die cuts ....


.... and some wood veneer leaves from my stash were added to any empty spaces


A 3x4 photo was tucked into one side of the wreath.


I created a long title using some words and letters cut from yellow cardstock and placed the title on and around the top left corner of the photo.


Finally the date was added to the layout using tiny stickers and a few gold sequins were scattered here and there.

I hope you like this layout. Do pop over to the shop and take a look at the full collection. 

I'll be back soon.

Take Care
Karen x x

No comments: