Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Being clear

The idea of making an album with acrylic pages really appealed. The photos peeking through hint at what's to be revealed on the next page and invite browsing. The Bo Bunny Clearly Mixed Up flourish clear album has four pages which are all different, three rings and six clear acrylic shapes to use as embellishments.

And what papers to use? I find myself drawn to brighter papers at the moment and so I settled on Penny Lane Feeling Groovy" from My Minds Eye. Perfect for a set of photos which includes lots of brightly coloured plastic toys!



For the cover, I first laid a mask (mine was the Heidi Swap butterfly mask) onto a sheet of card and lightly sprayed with Glimmer Mist. Punched or hand cut shapes could be used in place of a mask. I then used the acrylic cover as a template to cut the card to match. The Doodlebug letter stickers have been adhered directly to the front of the acrylic cover creating a kind of floating appearance in front of the butterflies.

The album comes with four acrylic pages and I've cut additional pages from sheets of transparency. I used my Cricut to cut these pages but they could also be created by tracing around any of the acrylic pages. I also used my Cricut to cut pages from the patterned paper. In order to make these pages a little more substantial, I've adhered two paper pages back to back.


The journalling blocks were created on the computer. Once printed, I cut around the shape and then rounded the corners.


The centre of the flower is a Bazzill brad. I used a Zig glue pen to make random dots and then pressed the brad into a little tray of flock.




The Pressed Petals chipboard heart was lightly sprayed with glimmer mist and the label holder has been heat embossed.


The group of flowers is cut from Queen & Co mini felt fusion. There are Martha Stewart butterflies sprinkled liberally throughout the album.


When I created this page, I was left with a sheet of KI Memories lace cardstock which had been glimmered. I adhered it to the acrylic page and cut around the edges.




When I stamped these paint circles onto the acrylic page, I left one which I then filled with a circle created from KaiserCraft rhinestones. I finished the page with some KI Memories acrylic embellishments which have been in my stash for years and some more Martha Stewart butterflies.



In addition to the pages cut from clear transparency, I cut some pages from pre-printed transparency sheets (mine were from Hambly).


The clocks are stamped onto a sheet of clear transparency using Dew Drop Brilliance pearlescent ink. After allowing plenty of time for the images to dry (about 24 hours), I cut out the clocks and arranged them under the journalling block.




I finished the album by embellishing the back cover with a stamped butterfly, rub-on flourishes and prima flowers with rhinestone centres.

1 comment:

*Rosy* (Chile) said...

ESTE SI QUE ME FASCINOªª es de todo mi agrado lo ameª
besosª
muy lindos trabajos